Friday, October 16, 2009

Sometimes It is Difficult

Sometimes it's hard to say you're sorry, especially when you think you're right.

And life just flat isn't fair. It almost never is. I wonder sometimes if there is any justice to be found.

However.

What is pride, anyway? What is refusing to apologise going to accomplish in the long run, even if it isn't fair or just?

Isn't it just going to separate me from the one who has wronged me? How ridiculous is that?

When I think about pride this way, I throw it right where it belongs -- back to the pit of hell from where it came. Pride isn't just bad behaviour. It's just plain stupid.

Lord God, please enable me to see with your eyes, past the injustice and unfairness, and throw off my pride for the unnecessary baggage it is. What is this thing anyway, and why am I carrying it around? I've been foolish Lord -- enable me to be wise. Thank you for Jesus and His amazing sacrifice that gives me your forgiveness -- Amen.

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

That'll be two cents for your opinion, please. And thanks as always for commenting at Today at Jen's House. : )