Monday, April 12, 2010

Keeping the Main Thing the Main Thing

I've been sewing. When I do this, I search for lectures and sermons to which I can listen and learn. I've listened to audio books -- biographies, good fiction. I've heard talks on TED (great website - www.TED.com) about science and religion.

Yesterday and today, I've been listening to Rick Warren's sermons from www.saddleback.com. They did a series on science, philosophy and God, and it was pretty good.

So I'm continuing with other sermons of his. Right now it's called "The Word of Assurrance."

And I have this question -- can we ever pray the prayer of salvation too many times? I've been a Christian for 30+ years. And yet everytime I listen to someone go up front, at the end of a church service, and commit to be a Christian -- I repeat the words right with them: I believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and I accept Him as my Lord and Savior. Whether I believe it for the first time or for the millionth time, it is a commitment I want to repeat over and over and over again. I can never say it enough.

So let me challenge you, as a believer, to repeat it again. If you are one of the many ministers who stands up each week and gives a sermon, let me challenge you: is the basis of your message that people need to hear the gospel? Amid your words of encouragement and addressing the myriad of topics relevant to us today, is the foundation of what you say this: we need the salvation of Christ today?

I'll leave you with that, in love --

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

That'll be two cents for your opinion, please. And thanks as always for commenting at Today at Jen's House. : )