Saturday, July 14, 2012

Conviction

Today, I am convicted.

There are so many times I read about someone who is in the hospital, or facing financial struggles, or who has a broken heart.  Sometimes I pray for them, often not.  Granted, if I don't it's usually because I don't know them.  Or it's a casual "arrow prayer" and not something sincere or deeply felt from my heart.

Today, I went down my Facebook page and read "love my new iPhone!" and "the view from Cancun is gorgeous" and "happy anniversary!" and even a quote from Dr. Seuss.  Am I happy for these people?  Well, yes -- but only in a way that it makes me smile for them.  I'm not hopping up and down or anything.

In the meantime, my heart is breaking for two reasons -- one, because I am so often that person, talking about how something so momentary makes me happy, and two, because I am still waiting on God to lead us to a church family where my husband - and I -  can just love people.  It's been over a year and still, here we are.

It's kind of a big deal for us.

So I take today as a reminder that no prayer goes unheard, and no situation is unnoticed by our God.  And although life's pleasures are sweet, they are also fleeting.  I cannot live from one of them to the next, and casually shoot arrow prayers at those things which are so deeply felt by others.

I get it, Lord.  I get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That'll be two cents for your opinion, please. And thanks as always for commenting at Today at Jen's House. : )